Inside Sales Representative II
Company: Sonepar USA
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Be part of something bigger. At Codale Electric, we're proud of
the role we've played in projects like the new Salt Lake Airport,
the Las Vegas Raiders stadium and Soleil Lofts, as well as our role
in housing, commercial, and industrial projects of every size
throughout the Intermountain West. We strive to be the best
wholesale distributor in the area and invite you to be part of
building the future.Job Summary Builds and maintains trusted
customer relationships to determine the appropriate product desired
either by phone or at the company facility. Records information
into Codale computer system, Eclipse, for product pick up or
delivery by performing the following duties. Essential Duties &
- Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a
positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant
telephone and email etiquette, and a general attitude as a
representative of goodwill on behalf of the company at work or
during company travel.
- Handles difficulties with customers and coworkers with
diplomacy and seeks assistance when needed.
- Resolves customer order problems and complaints promptly.
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical
knowledge of general and specialty merchandise items to assist
customers and other company personnel.
- Determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired by
being familiar with products sold in the department by use, vendor,
location in warehouse, catalog and catalog number, other reference
materials, and special selling points.
- Identifies, uses and maintains appropriate company and/or
customer pricing systems.
- Establishes or improves relationships with customers to better
understand sales territory, schedule and customer needs by phone,
email, and customer visits.
- Communicate with customers by phone, email, or in person to
receive orders for products.
- Makes phone calls to regular and prospective customers to
- Describes or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog,
and emphasizes salable features.
- Solicits sale of new or additional products.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices,
terms and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard
- Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required
identification, necessary information for customer, merchandise,
price, and sales tax status for processing, shipment and delivery
of merchandise in a timely manner. Follows up with any specific
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of
own firm's delivery schedules.
- Requisitions merchandise from warehouse for immediate delivery,
delayed customer pick-up, company truck delivery or shipment by
common carrier. Loads customer materials for "will call"
- Assists in collections of accounts and verifies customer credit
status and credit procedures.
- Responds to customer complaints concerning billing or products
sold, referring complaints to designated departments for
investigation and resolution.
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business
- Keeps a careful, accurate and daily record of expenses to be
- Sells and promotes branch and company-wide promotions and
specials as directed. Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, electronic business correspondence,
and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from small groups of managers, clients, customers, and
the general public.
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job
such as; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals
and metric scales; computing rate, ratio, and percentages and to
draw and interpret bar graphs; calculating figures and amounts such
as discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Preferred Qualifications
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school; and two to four years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this of this job, the associate
is frequently required to stand. The associate must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Vision abilities include close,
distance and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Typical environments include offices, light and heavy
industrial, commercial, utility and manufacturing. The noise level
is usually moderated. PPE is for any site visit is typically
required. EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran #LI-CR1Why work for Codale
Electric Supply?It feels good to drive down the road and say, "I
played a part in that." You can be part of a wide array of
projects, no matter your role at Codale. Successful team members at
Codale demonstrate integrity, a commitment to excellence and a
desire to be the best warehouse employee, delivery driver, office
support staff or salesperson. Each day presents opportunities to
strive for improvement, to build customer relationships and to
build your skills and accomplishments. You can build a long-term
career at Codale.401K Plan, Competitive Medical Plans (medical,
dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid
Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care),
Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee
Discounts, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Life Insurance and
a Definitive Career Path.About Codale Electric and Sonepar USA
Founded in 1975 by Dale P. Holt, Codale Electric Supply started
with only five employees before becoming one of the most innovative
and fastest-growing electrical supply distributors in the nation.
Today, we are headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and currently
have branch locations in the western United States. Even though we
have quite a presence in Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming, we've declared
that we will not rest until we can help provide contractors
throughout the nation with the supplies that they need. Sonepar is
an independent family-owned company with global market leadership
in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and
related services. Sonepar entered the US in 1998 and continues to
grow due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Today,
Sonepar serves the market through a network of companies with over
400 locations nationwide. For more information, visit.Equal
Employment Opportunity Statement
Sonepar is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Sonepar follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, .
Keywords: Sonepar USA, Meridian , Inside Sales Representative II, Sales , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...