Power Systems Technician I
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: August 4, 2019
* Changes oil and fluids in equipment to specifications.
* Uses basic troubleshooting skills on various machines with
Technician III or IV assistance. Walks around machinery to inspect.
Operates machinery to locate problem. Determines what services are
required to repair the machine and has Technician III or IV assist
in diagnosing problems for quality control.
* Gives diagnosis to Service Supervisor. Works with Service
Supervisor to achieve an appropriate estimate.
* Gathers parts needed for repair, using CAT SIS or other resources
to accurately determine correct parts required for the job.
Communicates required repair parts to Parts Consultant.
* Uses technician tools, including but not limited to: service
manuals, operations manuals, SIS Web STW and parts books
effectively to address technical issues.
* Performs all required tasks in accordance with printed
* Requests another technician to conduct quality control review of
* Writes service report for every machine repair in detail.
Attaches all required documents to service call.
* Assists other technicians on large repairs as needed.
* Performs some simple tasks independently, such as machine
inspections and minor troubleshooting, when scheduled for required
preventative maintenance work.
* Handles any customer inquiries in a prompt and professional
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Ability to learn and use computer systems (ET, STW, Parts
Integration, SIS Web).
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
* Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Associate Degree from an accredited vocational school preferred
or comparable work experience required.
* One to two years minimum experience working on heavy equipment in
a Caterpillar or similar environment with engine and DC/AC
electrical experience preferred.
* Disassemble, assemble, remove and install machine components, and
systems experience desired.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including
but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending,
stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Exposure to high noise level.
* Exposure to fumes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Meridian , Power Systems Technician I, Professions , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!