Patient Care Technician
Company: Saltzer Health
Posted on: February 23, 2021
POSITION: Patient Care Technician
LOCATION: Saltzer Ambulatory Surgery Center, Meridian, ID
STATUS: Full-time/ Non-Exempt
Saltzer Health is growing and changing, but our values remain true
to the vision of our founders. Since 1961, we have cared for
generations. We believe in innovation, choice, cost transparency
and convenience with a focus on providing quality care for our
patients and their families. Join us and you'll find a culture of
teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect.
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for the care and safety
of all patients under his/her care and will support the philosophy,
objectives, and goals of the Surgery Center. This position will
ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of
Director of Nursing, physician, and facility administrative
procedures. The Patient Care Technician will participate in various
quality activities as appropriate and as directed by the Director
of Nursing, Medical Director, and/or the Quality Committee(s).
- Participates as a team member in support of the total patient
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, and supplies.
- Uses instrumentation and equipment effectively by anticipating
staff's needs and providing appropriate care.
- Performs patient care functions under the direct supervision of
a Registered Nurse.
- Assists with the receiving and storage of medical
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the patient care areas in
accordance with environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains availability of linen and supplies to avoid
- Correctly uses, cleans, and disinfects equipment according to
manufacturer's instructions for use.
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide
appropriate availability and safety.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient
- Assists with transportation and discharge of patients
- Assists in keeping the overall facility clean and tidy
- Make sure rooms are cleaned, straightened, and stocked before
going off duty
- Assist with OR Turnover
- Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate corrective
and/or preventive measures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and organization related
- Supports the Surgery Center environment by acknowledging the
presence and dignity of all with whom he/she communicates.
- Interacts with diverse populations who may be under
considerable situational stress.
- Participates in and supports the Continuous Quality Improvement
- Participates in task forces and committees as assigned
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and accept changes
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing or
- Promotes positive and effective working relationships among
- Assumes responsibility for patient, physician, and staff
satisfaction as it pertains to the clinical areas
- Responds appropriately to physician, patient and visitor
complaints and communicates this information to the Director of
Nursing in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum qualifications required for the job)
- High School graduate or GED certificate recipient
- 2 (Two) years prior patient care experience in an Ambulatory
Surgery Center or Hospital preferred
Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional
languages preferred. Proficient in the use of computers; ability to
multitask, problem solve, meet deadlines, adapt to changing
priorities and situations and demonstrate excellent organizational
Knowledge of state-specific and federal healthcare regulations and
standards as these pertain to the clinical areas within an
Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Strong verbal communication skills required. Must be detail
oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of
confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgement
and positively influence others, including handling confrontations
with poise and efficiency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to reach
with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close distance (e.g.,
working on a computer for prolonged periods of time).
- Competitive salary/compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, paid time off (PTO), holiday pay and 401(k)
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Saltzer Health, Meridian , Patient Care Technician, Professions , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!