Power Systems Specialist
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: November 1, 2019
* Strategizes with sales representative to gain understanding of
each project and ensure its success.
* Maintains communication with local engineering and contractor
community as a skilled technical resource.
* Provides jobsite safety awareness of Power System products to be
delivered. Instructs & educates owners on operational parameters of
the new installation. Engages with owner and PSSR to secure a
Customer Service Agreement.
* Manages open orders and proactively updates customers/sales
representative on project timelines.
* Prepares project technical submittal for review and approval by
all stakeholders. Assist electrical contractors, owners and
engineers through the approval process.
* Develops and provides project specific installation wiring
diagrams through programs such as AutoCad, Adobe and
* Travels to jobsites to obtain stakeholders project expectations,
develops schedule and communicates consistently with stakeholders
on project schedule / milestones.
* Ensure customer receives the welcome packages and the Operation
and Maintenance Manuals, spare parts and close out items as
required. Closes out the financials at the end of the project.
* Assist with providing rental generators and rental contract
deliveries with customers.
* Searches for innovative ideas and develops improvements to our
processes to inspire confidence in our stakeholders.
* Inspect and commissions the installed equipment, ensuring that
products are installed and placed into service in accordance with
manufacturer's guidelines. Schedules work that requires more in
depth attention with Service Department for a field technician as
* Performs and assists Industrial Original Equipment Manufacturers
on installation of engines and compliance with Tier 4 audits.
* Inspects and receives in and creates/tracks Equipment Management
Records on all products received at the jobsite.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* Serves as a team member in support of Western States' strategic
programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Works within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* In depth knowledge of electricity, electrical safety, and
electrical power generation operations.
* Skills and abilities to use diagnostic tools (Multimeters, DbA
Meter) ect in performance of tasks. Will require personal tooling
for work to be accomplished on jobsite.
* Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning,
organizing, negotiation, listening, and interpersonal relationship
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
* AutoCAD and PDF Professional experience a plus
* Knowledge or ability to learn Cat software (ET, CSQ, Spec Sizer,
EOMP), DBS, AX and CODA.
* Ability to set and manage priorities.
* Must be able to visualize, multi-task and have great attention to
* Must be able to prioritize with the customers and Sales
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance with ability to travel away for several
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* AAS Degree in Power System Related Industry or current electrical
* 5 year power systems generator or electrical installation
experience required. Caterpillar environment experience
* Acceptable driving record and valid driver's license
* Must own required tools.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking,
standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and
* Able to lift up to 25 lbs. in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Meridian , Power Systems Specialist, Other , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!