IT Service Desk Supervisor
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: October 30, 2019
* Oversees the development, implementation, and administration of
Service Desk policies and processes using the ITIL framework.
* Manages the processing of incoming tickets to ensure courteous,
timely, and appropriate prioritization / escalation of end user
* Acts as an escalation point for difficult or contentious customer
* Ensures Service Desk staff are meeting or exceeding expectations
in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics, and following
processes to provide excellent customer service. Administers
resource and staff capacity planning / scheduling.
* Supervises employees. Performs annual performance review and
determines compensation increases. Administers discipline;
authority to hire and terminate employees.
* Trains, coaches and mentors PC Technicians / Service Desk staff.
Ensures appropriate training for new and existing staff.
* Develops, monitors and provides reporting on Service Desk
metrics. Performs analyses to improve customer service.
* Develops system for customer satisfaction measurements and
performs analysis and reporting.
* Installs and maintains computer hardware, software, and
peripherals in a network environment.
* Provides on-site and remote user support where some extended
hours and travel within the territory may be required.
* Pursues issue resolutions by working with technology
* Develops and enhances Service Desk tools and implement automation
techniques to optimize routine system tasks.
* Oversees IT purchasing, inventory control, and some outsourced
services including copier / print management.
* Ensures PC software licensing compliance.
* Oversees the development and communication of help documentation
for end users.
* Promotes and manages all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Promotes
and manages safety at Western States. Ensures employees, vendors,
and customers have a safe work environment. Adheres to and manages
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values
of the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong Service Desk knowledge using the ITIL framework and IT
Service Management tools.
* Ability to install and troubleshoot Microsoft operating systems,
the Office suite, and other software in a corporate Windows
* Ability to troubleshoot complex PC issues and perform root cause
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Ability to organize work, prioritize tasks and multi-task.
* Good written and verbal communications skills including excellent
customer service and telephone skills.
* Good system documentation capabilities with attention to
* Ability to perform off-hours support and maintenance which may
include nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to perform job functions with general supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Requires an AA or BS degree in Information Technology, or related
field or equivalent experience.
* Requires a minimum of 2 years of PC Technician experience.
* Requires a minimum of 1 year supervising a Service or Help
* CompTia, Microsoft or Cisco certifications are preferred.
* Microsoft SCCM experience preferred.
* ITIL certification and experience with IT Service Management
tools are preferred.
* Must be able to speak, read, comprehend, and write in
* Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking,
standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Meridian , IT Service Desk Supervisor, Other , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!