Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: October 10, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: The Service Foreman is responsible for managing
technicians, the repair process, and company resources profitably
in Service under the direction of the Service Advisor and/or
Service Manager. This position is a working supervisor who is
expected to also perform technician duties while ensuring
technician safety and a quality repair process. This role is also
responsible for the growth, development, and productivity of its
assigned technicians. This role will ensure quality control
measures are in place and managed during the repair process to
eliminate any re-work to the customer associated with the repair. A
high level of teamwork will exist between this role and the Service
Advisor and Service Admin to guarantee seamless customer
interaction, quality control and promise date adherence.
* Supervises employees. Performs annual performance reviews,
oversees the development and administration of employee development
plans and recommends compensation increases. Administers
discipline; authority to hire employees.
* Manages expenses including shop assets such as shop supplies,
small tools, and environmental needs
* Meets typical annual target of 22% PAD (may vary year over year)
for annual profitability of the team and the store.
* Communicates machine repair status, verbally and in writing (if
necessary), to the Service Advisor.
* Uses the Service scheduling tool to monitor and maintain all
aspects of the repair in the shop specific to the assigned team
members and area.
* Monitors work in progress to ensure promise date adherence for
the customer. Informs Service Advisor of changes or updates needed
to the promise date. Adheres to 100% promise date delivery of
* Works with Service Advisor to meet the final repair performance
versus quoted amounts expectations of on or under quote.
* Coordinates the usage, rental or purchase of special tooling
needed to perform repair work
* Works with the Technicians to provide the Service Advisor the
necessary information for up-sell opportunities to quote to the
* Assigns work as needed to meet customer commitments and the needs
of the repair.
* Approves employees' work time and adjusts employee time on
service calls as needed.
* Oversees pre and post inspections of machines being repaired and
quality control measures taken throughout the repair process.
* Works directly with technicians to ensure quality control
measures have been effectively deployed.
* Achieves the goal of "No re-work will ever touch our
* Bills out 50% of time to revenue generating jobs.
* Troubleshoots various machines at expert level with no assistance
required. Walks around machinery to inspect. Operates machinery to
locate problem. Diagnoses problems for quality control. Performs
independent failure analysis, proving consistent abilities to
determine and repair cause of failure.
* Uses service manuals, SIS and parts books effectively to address
technical issues such as looking up parts, machine information,
standard labor rates, machine settings, and more to setup work
orders or to answer customer inquiries. Performs all required tasks
in accordance with procedures.
* Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety
policies. Complies with all company and applicable external (OSHA,
ANSI, etc.) safety policies, procedures and standards.
* Works with centralized functions concerning warranty, goodwill,
policy, technical communications and any other relevant items
associated with timely completion of the repair.
* Works with Service Advisor to meet the break-even goal for all
goodwill and warranty decisions and the variance of those policy
and warranty accounts at the end of the year.
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to
and promotes all applicable safety policies, procedures and
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Works within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Expert-level specialization and proven ability to troubleshoot,
diagnose, and repair all CAT machine systems.
* Ability to lead and direct others, determining work priorities
and assigning work to others.
* Ability to prioritize the workload with exceeding customer
expectations in mind.
* Proven organizational skills.
* Proven customer service skills over the phone and in person.
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
* Proven conflict resolution skills.
* Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning,
organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
* Ability to set and manage priorities.
* Must be a self-starter and able to work without supervision.
* Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Associates Degree from an accredited vocational school
* Five years minimum experience working on heavy equipment
required. Caterpillar environment with hydraulic, engine and
power-train experience preferred.
* One year prior management experience, with customer service and
* Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to sit for long periods along with walking,
standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Meridian , Service Foreman, Other , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!