Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: Mountain West Bank
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job DescriptionAbout the RoleSummary:Mountain West Bank is looking for a motivated, knowledgeable Mortgate Loan Originator for our North Spokane location! This position is primarily responsible for increasing branch referrals and outside sales by generating residential mortgage loans through solicitation of individual borrowers, real estate brokers, builders, and developers. This position is responsible for taking a residential mortgage loan application and offers or negotiates terms of a residential mortgage loan.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting sales volume and goals from internal and external referrals..
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Manager which details activities to follow which will focus on exceeding sales quota.
- Attend all sales meetings both in the residential lending department and branch.
- Develops qualified leads through internal and external referrals, canvassing, face to face cold calling, direct mail, and networking the real estate community.
- Establish and maintain customer referral relationships with realtors, builders, and developers; Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from competitors.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective networks with other professionals to maximize revenue.
- Since this position is Non-Exempt (hourly),employees must record their time in Ultipro each day and must adhere to an internal marketing plan designed specifically for this position.
- Demonstrates the ability to counsel and pre-qualify home buyers, complete applications and obtain all necessary support documents along with appropriate fee and lock-in information in compliance with mortgage lending regulations.
- Oversee loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms
- Assist in collecting any and all documentation and communicating loan status to all parties
- Compile, compute, and prepare handouts and finance information, such as closing costs and rate comparison sheets for realtors and builders. (All handouts and advertising must be approved by the Compliance department before distributing)
- Work with the processor in preparing the loan file for underwriting.
- Provide the processor with Investor guidelines when applicable
- Maintain current knowledge on mortgage products, underwriting guidelines, and industry regulations
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals using branch personnel to capitalize on cross-selling opportunities.
- Maintain contact with customers in the market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets ControlAbout YouQUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years of outside sales experience.
- Have strong well developed interpersonal skills in order to maximize business contacts and develop a working relationship with current and potential residential real estate loan customers, regulators, and secondary market contacts, as well as effectively lead and motivate a staff of subordinates.
- A high level of analytical ability to conduct residential real estate analysis and recommend alternatives available in cases where initial analysis revealed insufficient financial posture.
- Working knowledge of various mortgage regulatory guidelines (e.g. truth-in-lending, HMDA, RESPA, ECOA, FDPA, etc.)
- Good knowledge of real estate compliance.KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Communication ProficiencyPREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in residential and mortgage lending functions.
- Good knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA and conventional procedures
- Proficiency in Ellie Mae Encompass Software and the ability to learn additional computer applications
- Knowledge or MWB policy, procedures and productsWORK ENVIRONMENT:Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.Specific lifting abilities required by this job include:Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.What We OfferCOMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.COMPANY OVERVIEW:At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $11 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 7 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please. #ZR Company DescriptionOur people are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified employees who enjoy people, are innovative and who are eager to learn. We, in return, provide opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth. Our banks serve individuals, small to medium-sized businesses, community organizations and public entities. We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a larger banking organization. Our organization offers an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, vision, health rewards program, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; retirement plan (up to 3% employer match, 3% safe harbor contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $10 billion, operating in 15 divisions across 7 states. We operate in over 80 communities with more than 130 banking offices in Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and Arizona. The Glacier Bancorp Family of Banks: - Glacier Bank of Kalispell - First Security Bank of Missoula- First Security Bank of Bozeman- Valley Bank of Helena - Big Sky Western Bank of Bozeman - Western Security Bank of Billings - First Bank of Montana, Lewistown - Mountain West Bank in Idaho, Utah and Washington - 1st Bank in Wyoming and Utah - Citizens Community Bank of Idaho - Bank of the San Juans in Colorado - First Bank of Wyoming - First State Bank in Wyoming - North Cascades Bank in Washington- Foothills Bank in Arizona- Collegiate Peaks Bank in ColoradoWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Mountain West Bank, Meridian , Mortgage Loan Originator, Other , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!