Client Advisor, Commercial Lines (Boise)
Company: The Buckner Company
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Boise Office - Meridian, ID
$60,000.00 - $150,000.00 Base+Commission/year
Who We Are + What We Do
Founded in 1936, The Buckner Company is a family-owned,
full-service independent insurance brokerage headquartered in Salt
Lake City. What started as a team of three people has grown into
one of the largest and fastest-growing agencies in the western
region with over 200 employees in seven offices. Although much has
changed, one thing remains constant: Buckner's dedication to
providing phenomenal service to its clients. In helping customers
navigate a competitive and confusing industry, Buckner's
knowledgeable and experienced professionals live by these core
- People + Focus: Placing the people at the heart of every
- Open + Fair: Discovering better solutions and making things
- Performance + Drive: Acting with openness and clarity
- Team + Value: Collaborating and trusting each other
What you'll love about The Buckner Co.
- A company emphasis for a work-life balance
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and paid flex days
- As stable as they come: The insurance industry is essential to
our society and in constant demand
- Company paid Continued Education Policy: insurance-related
courses, designations, certifications, and licensing are paid for
- Top Notch 401K and Benefits: An industry-leading 401K policy
combined with outstanding healthcare, dental, vision benefits, and
health and wellness programs
- Great culture, great people: With a culture centering on
collaboration and comradery
This is a sales oriented position requiring advanced communication
skills, a thorough knowledge of insurance products available
through our agency. Capable of pursuing and closing sales of new
and existing commercial lines accounts and retaining assigned book
of commercial lines business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve objectives established in annual producer sales
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified
- Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and
making sales appointments.
- Survey prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting
current insurance policies, risk management plans, property,
products and records.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including
survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including
details of coverage's, limits, deductibles and other pertinent
- Work with Account management service person and/or team to
market and complete company submissions and selection of potential
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating
proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire
to conduct business.
- Introduce Account Manager to clients and request that service
calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to
assigned Account Manager.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become
involved in resolution when required.
- Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing
expiration listing with Account Manager to determine appropriate
action and collection of information to prepare renewal
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade
press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by
Education and Experience:
- College degree from a four-year university, or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Experience in commercial (property and casualty) insurance with
larger and more complex middle market clients and risks is
Licenses or Certifications:
- Active Idaho Property and Casualty license required; Idaho Life
& Health license desired
Required Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to pursue and close sales.
- Ability to establish and develop strong relationships with
clients, carriers, trusted business partners and coworkers
- Business development and financial evaluation skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
Keywords: The Buckner Company, Meridian , Client Advisor, Commercial Lines (Boise), Other , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!