Quality & Compliance Nurse
Company: Cascadia Services, LLC
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Description: Job Description SummaryThe Quality & Compliance
Nurse is a professional, registered nurse responsible for analyzing
data integrity and consistency of clinical documentation and
assessment processes. This position will ensure appropriate OASIS
documentation, care planning and will work with clinical staff to
clarify documentation and data integrity issues.Essential Job
- Prospectively reviews all OASIS assessments to ensure
appropriateness, completeness, and compliance with federal and
state regulations and organization policy.
- Utilizes OASIS variation or alert reports when reviewing OASIS
- Ensures appropriate Face-to-face documentation as it relates to
the patient's medical condition, including any co-morbidities.
- Consults with appropriate clinical staff to clarify any data
integrity issues and works with clinician to make appropriate
corrections per organization policy.
- Reviews visit utilization for appropriateness of care
guidelines and patient condition; reports potential financial
losses and/or underutilization to the clinical
- Notifies organization leadership of problematic trends as a
result of OASIS review.
- Works with managers to address trends that affect the agency's
outcome and process measures noted during OASIS review.
- Participates in QA activities including note review, infection
and adverse event tracking
- Provides education to clinical staff based on documentation
reviews and trends identified.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and Corporate Compliance
activities as assigned.
- Assists with other chart audit activities as assigned.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- The above statements are only meant to be a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform
job related tasks other than those stated in this
description.Requirements: Position Qualifications
- Registered nurse with current license to practice professional
nursing in the state.
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical home health experience
- Working knowledge of Medicare regulations, OASIS coding,
face-to face requirements
- Knowledge of federal regulations and state licensure
- Working knowledge of computer systems.
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order
and insured in accordance with organization requirements.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and able to work with minimal
Keywords: Cascadia Services, LLC, Meridian , Quality & Compliance Nurse, Other , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...