Operational Risk Sr Officer 1 (SVP/C14)
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Operational Risk Senior Officer - C14 Citi's Personal Banking
and Wealth Management (PBWM), Consumer Business Chief
Administrative Office (CAO) organization drives consistency for
addressing Operational Risk and Control issues within PBWM. CAO
fosters a culture of control, customer centricity and
accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and
mitigate regulatory, reputational and operational risks. This
position will be part of the Global Complaints Management
organization within PBWM CAO organization. This position reports to
the Operational Risk Group Manager of Operations Complaints
Management function located within the CAO organization. CAO Global
Complaints Management organization is responsible for the
development, maintenance, and ensuring adherence to Complaints
Management Standard and regional/country specific procedures. For
the last several years, Complaints Management organization has been
leading the transformation efforts related to complaints management
processes across the regions, including the U.S., Asia, Mexico, and
Canada. In addition, the group has the overall responsibility for
the governance of the program globally and is currently leading
efforts to identify potential risks using complaints data, in the
context of Operational Risk Management cycle. Additional
- This manager will foster collaborative relationships with
decision makers and stakeholders. -
- In the context of complaints, Lead development and
implementation of operational risk monitoring/management using data
driven tools such as Control Charts. Contribute to the vision of -
prevention of complaints. Assist with influencing the organization
in embedding the vision into BAU.
- Work with the Business, Client Experience, regulation owners,
IT teams, and potentially vendors, to define strategic capabilities
and improve processes in a multi-channel environment to reduce
- Lead identification of key drivers of complaints (leading
indicators). Work with the organization/regulation owners to
develop controls/metrics that could be useful in prevention of
- Support optimization/integration of disparate complaints
management processes on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate periodic reviews and "working" team meetings across
the regions in a virtual environment.
- Coordinate internal/external benchmarking of strategic
capabilities and other performance KPIs.
- Monitor program effectiveness metrics cross-functionally to
ensure appropriate accountability for timely and accurate
resolution of complaints in collaboration with country/regional
- Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously while leading the
team to do the same.
- Coordinate periodic monthly reviews with key stakeholders to
demonstrate progress against initiatives and objectives.
- Keep abreast of emerging consumer and financial/banking
regulatory trends and new service innovations that may lead to
strategic capabilities for either gaining efficiency in complaints
management processes or delivering superior experiences.
- Deal effectively with managers and supporting personnel across
regional and functional lines with little or no formal authority
while maintaining creditability within the organization.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how
they will successfully execute their plans. -Be a change
- Demonstrate successful problem-solving skills. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, or
related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in strategic project
management, including management of large flagship initiatives. The
ideal candidate is expected to have knowledge and experience with
project management methodologies and tools to effectively drive
planning, execution, and control of numerous aspects of the
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups,
executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to work across the globe, different time-zones, and
- Strong understanding of Call and Contact Center groups who
support banking products (Retail, Cards, Mortgage, and Investments)
including Revenue and Cost Drivers.
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of management and
ability to motivate employees/teams that do not directly report to
the position to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic
problems, excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to quickly gain credibility to influence decision
makers and influencers.
- Excellent management, leadership, analytical, team building,
interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Applies creativity to problem analysis and resolution in
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive
results with a strong sense of urgency.
- Pragmatic problem-solver, forward thinker with independence of
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and
- Prior success working in a large, highly-matrix and complex
organization; able to set priorities and 'triage' in a fast-paced,
- Franchise player- -broad, critical thinker with the ability to
effectively leverage the capabilities of the organization to meet
- PMP and/or Lean Six Sigma certification - a plus. Education:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Risk Management -------------------------------------------------
Job Family: Operational Risk
------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
veteran. Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all
qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.
If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable
accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career
opportunity review Accessibility at Citi. View the "EEO is the Law"
poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement. View the EEO Policy
Statement. View the Pay Transparency Posting
----------------------------- Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Meridian , Operational Risk Sr Officer 1 (SVP/C14), Other , Kuna, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!