CMM & Manual Inspector
Company: Northwest Machining & Mfg. Inc
Posted on: February 21, 2021
CMM & Manual InspectorA CMM / Manual Inspector ensures
compliance to customer requirements of all product produced.
Primary duties include:
- Measures parts and materials for conformance to specifications,
using micrometers, and other precision measuring instruments
- Operates CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) to dimensionally
- Reads and interprets aerospace manufacturing drawings / models
- including tolerances, customer specification and technical
- CMM inspect purchased and internal manufactured parts for
conformance to purchase order, drawing / model and specification
- Apply GD&T in accordance with ANSI Y14.5 with tolerance up
to .xxxx places
- Performs visual, dimensional, mechanical, and optical
inspections per work instructions
- CMM works from engineering drawings, internal and external
specifications, quality assurance standards, test procedures and
verbal instructions to determine acceptance of product
- Documents product acceptance / rejection on manufacturing
order, processes any necessary rejection documentation and performs
various ERP system functions
- Has the ability to program using PC Dmis CMM's for parts such
that future measurements can be performed easily.
- Can also perform final quality inspections for parts to be
shipped to customers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in quality assurance (3-5 years
- Trained in Blueprint reading, Precision measurements and
- On the Job experience with reading aerospace blueprints and
using precision measuring instruments
- Working knowledge of Aerospace products & production / assembly
- Proficient with researching, interpreting, and applying
customer specifications & work instructions or procedures
- General knowledge of Solid works, PC Dmis and CATIAPreferred
- Experience with Brown & Sharp, PC DIMIS, or other CMM
programming software is a plus
- Experience with Model based software.
- Experenced with AP9100 is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information,
sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
This position requires access to information, or technology, which
is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the
United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United
States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to
the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified
under applicable law.
Keywords: Northwest Machining & Mfg. Inc, Meridian , CMM & Manual Inspector, Other , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!