Retail Customer Service
Company: TDS Telecom
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Retail Customer Service
$16.98 - $25.47
$1,000 (Paid after 30 days of employment)
The Retail Consumer Specialist is a cross-trained, multi-skilled
agent. You will be capable of handling first level escalated
Retention, Sales and Customer Care calls interactions for
residential customers, face to face and over the phone. Position
- Pay rate: $19.88 per hour.
- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid in full after 30 days of
employment). Work Location:2845 E. Overland Rd, Suite 140,
Meridian, ID Work Schedule: After the first three weeks of paid
training, your scheduled shift will be Monday through Friday,
9:00am-6:00pm MT with a rotating Saturday of 8:00am-5:00pm. But
wait, there's more!
- Full benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and
life insurance that start on Day 1!!
- Vacation and sick time accruals beginning day one of
- Associate discounts on eligible TDS products and services.
- Protecting existing revenue by retaining customers that are
calling asking to disconnect their service, or are at risk of
leaving TDS, due to service failures, competitive offers, and
- Promoting and demoing services as well as selling to new
- Demonstrate strong sales skills, negotiation, save techniques,
and interpersonal communication.
- Maintain long term customer relations with the existing
customer base while reducing churn and increasing revenue.
- Demonstrate independence and self-sufficiency.
- Maintain exceptional attendance and promptness for work to
positively impact the Company and position peers to meet customer
needs.The pay range listed for this position represents the low and
high end of the base compensation range. However, the base pay rate
offered for this position is expected to be $19.88 per hour.
- Assist customers over the phone and face-to-face for Retention,
Disconnect and Move order calls and walk-in requests, as well as
identifying needs and selling services to both prospect and
existing customers. Uses save techniques that involve negotiation &
interpersonal communication skills in order to prevent customer
churn. Works to ask lifestyle questions and promote services to
fulfill customer needs. Is also responsible for reselling customers
on the benefits of having TDS service, subsequently protecting
- Deliver sales and retention results through providing
exceptional customer service. Exceed or meet monthly goals
including increased revenue and retention metrics.
- Resolves complex/escalated customer problems in partnership
with other teams to ensure long term solutions to avoid future
- Resolves construction related issues in our Out of Territory
markets by creating and completing Triage tickets.
- Keeps current with Promotions, Products and processes necessary
to meet or exceed performance metrics.
- Handles retail office responsibilities such as restocking
supplies, unlocking and locking office, maintaining office
cleanliness, participating in community events, and working with
other departments to coordinate use of space.
Required Job Qualifications
- 1+ year's in a customer service or sales role.
- 2+ years computer experience (may include order applications,
Microsoft Outlook, Word, or Excel)
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our
customers' needs. Other Qualifications
- Ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, selling and closing skills in
reselling the service to customers who are requesting to disconnect
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (i.e., verbal,
- Possess a strong sense of customer focus.
- Must possess strong decision making and problem-solving
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls in a structured,
contact center environment.
- Experience working with escalated customer issues and problem
resolution both over the phone and face to face.
- Must show the ability to be flexible in roles, schedules and
situations with customers.BenefitsAssociates scheduled to work 20
or more hours per week have access to medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off benefits such as
vacation (15 days accrued per year for full-time; pro-rated for
part-time associates working between 20-39 hours), sick leave (10
days accrued per year for full-time and pro-rated for all other
associates), seven paid national holidays and one floating holiday,
paid parental leave (2 weeks after 12 months of employment), among
others. Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability coverage is
also available for associates working 30 or more hours per week and
Education Assistance is available to full-time associates.
Associates scheduled to work under twenty hours per week or for a
limited term (i.e. interns) are eligible for medical coverage, the
401(k) plan (if 18 or older), as well as sick leave (10 days
accrued per year for full-time and pro-rated for all other
associates). For more detail on the benefits we offer click here.
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Metrocom/TDS) is a leading provider
of fiber internet service. With more than 50 years of experience,
the growing communications company is building and deploying new,
fiber optic networks in neighborhoods across the country to deliver
up to 8 Gigabit internet speeds to homes and up to 10 Gigabit
internet speeds to business. In addition, TDS provides innovative
TV entertainment and advanced phone services. Visit tdsfiber.com to
learn more. At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by
valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status
as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To
learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click
$16.98 - $25.47
Keywords: TDS Telecom, Meridian , Retail Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...