Company: 2nd Ave Thrift Superstores
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Supports Savers vision with reporting and analysis of payroll
Essential Job Functions:
- Reports for quarterly reconciliation of taxes and audits.
- Perform periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and
prepare materials for external or internal auditors.
- Reporting for Key Metrics
- Liaison between payroll department and IT as necessary.
- Understand the processes of biweekly payroll that includes
receiving and auditing hours, entering pay, personal and
miscellaneous information into system, balancing and transmitting
payrolls and calculating manual checks and garnishments.
- Respond to inquiries from managers.
- Assist in Training and knowledge transfer of systems and
reporting to the payroll team.
- Ceridian maintenance - update earnings and deductions and other
tables as needed.
- Kronos maintenance - update and create job titles and new
- Plan/organize accurate payroll processes, policies and
procedures, including maintaining payroll control records.
- Ensure the accurate recording, reporting and remittance of all
- Monitor changes in federal, state, local tax and provincial tax
laws and guidelines.
- Manage Workers Compensation process for Canada and US.
- Become Ceridian/Kronos subject matter expert.
- Manage system testing.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of payroll systems, Ceridian knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, and
Outlook. Advanced level Excel
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills and strong interpersonal
- Demonstrated Report writing skills
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Working knowledge of applicable state, federal, provincial wage
and hour laws
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with
- Ability to be detail-oriented and obtain a high degree of
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
• Ability to work within Savers culture
- Working knowledge of multiple payroll systems and their
alignment with Human Resources, Benefits, Risk and other related
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Ability to interpret payroll policies, procedures and
- Ability to identify problems, recommend and implement
- Maintaining of key payroll SOX - like (Sarbanes- Oxley
Compliance) controls through development of flow charts and
reports. Define access controls and uphold privacy compliance.
Identify inefficiencies through review of current processes and
controls; recommend improvements to increase the
accuracy/efficiency of the payroll department.
- Business Partner reporting: Utilize KPI /metrics to assists
with identifying areas of improvement for internal / external
business partners and to find common issues/concerns.
- Payroll Process Reporting - Creation of Ceridian reports to
provide additional controls for payroll processing. SLA reporting,
Off cycle reporting (controllable/non-controllable) and the error
percentage rate for off- cycles.
- Provide data, metrics, and exception reports to the payroll
manager so that opportunities to update process or execution can be
made to improve efficiency and accuracy of the payroll
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years multi-state/multi provincial payroll experience
- Ceridian, Oracle and KBX Kube Manager experience
- Experience with Time & Attendance system, preferably Kronos
- Advance knowledge of Excel
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- The ability to communicate and understand the spoken word are
important as well
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal
communication, and to make the discriminations in sound
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through
written communication (both physical and electronic)
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or Desktop computer
- 10-Key Calculator
- MS office tools - Excel
- Oracle and KBX reporting tool
- Travel 10% or less
- SSC Boise, ID
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee
may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization.
Keywords: 2nd Ave Thrift Superstores, Meridian , Payroll Analyst, Hospitality & Tourism , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!