IT Deployment Retail Coordinator
Company: 2nd Ave Thrift Superstores
Posted on: June 23, 2022
IT Deployment Coordinator - Deployment Services
Supports Savers vision by ensuring the viability and sustainability
of the Retail systems environment with a focus on functionality,
high availability, security, resource availability and
optimization. Performs as a technological knowledge leader within
the Deployment Services team to confirm that standards and policies
are implemented and adopted within the team functions. This job
leads the ongoing implementation and maintenance of the POS
multi-tiered, multi-platform application and integration
architecture. This position reports to the Principle IT Program
Essential Job Functions:
- Configures Retail systems environment by working with business
partners and stakeholders to match business needs.
- Regular review of Retail Systems performance, and stability.
Determine corrective actions via tuning existing systems or R&D
a sustainable solution.
- Regular review of Retail Systems teams policies and procedures.
Adjust policies and procedures as needed. Provide guidance to the
Retail Systems team regarding adherence to policies and
- Provide all deployment activities from deployment of software,
hardware, and coordination of rollout scheduling.
- Provides proactive design and architectural changes for the
Retail Systems environment to mitigate potential future performance
and capacity concerns.
- Provides Tier 3 support for all Retail Systems
- Maintains detailed documentation of all job functions for use
as reference material.
- Provides documentation and input into knowledge base articles
for helpdesk and team associates.
- Maintains the company-wide help desk database for all reported
and assigned incidents with stated problems, status and
- Informs management about system problems that are considered
out of the ordinary
- Trains lower tier support teams on new application and hardware
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Point-of-sale systems and architecture.
- Knowledge of POS hardware and integration points between
hardware and POS software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, including Windows Server 2003
- 2016, Windows XP - 10, core Windows Server Applications, Active
Directory, Group Policy.
- Knowledge of developing and implementing process automation
using scripting languages, and software packaging techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL 2008R2, MS SQL 2012, MS SQL
- Ability to write SQL queries and advance SQL queries.
- Exposure to C# and reading C# code.
- PowerShell scripting capabilities.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL SSRS.
- Basic understanding of XML and how to read XML.
- Working knowledge of virtualization.
- Working knowledge of server hardware including blade
- Working knowledge of systems management systems like Microsoft
- Demonstrated skills in technical documentation
- Demonstrated analytical, deductive reasoning and
- Ability to interact with personnel on all levels of the
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with
- Ability to research future hardware/software technologies.
- Ability to work within Saver's culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- 5-7 years performing Systems administration in a Retail
- 5-7 years performing POS Systems support including but not
limited to database queries, and configuration changes to POS
- With either
- Microsoft Certification(s)-current Or
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or
combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal
communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through
written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
5% or less travel
- SSC Boise, ID or Remote
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee
may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization.
Keywords: 2nd Ave Thrift Superstores, Meridian , IT Deployment Retail Coordinator, Hospitality & Tourism , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!