Company: Big Al's Meridian
Posted on: November 18, 2021
SCHEDULE: Must be able to work nights, holidays, and weekends,
overtime may be required during busy seasonsWHAT YOU WILL DO: Our
culinary team members play a pivotal role in our fast paced and
scratch kitchen environment. Each team member is expected to
maintain a high level of food safety consciousness as well as a
clean, safe and sanitary environment for both employee and guest
- Dishwashing to include organizing the dish area, learning to
safely use the dishwasher and ensuring all dishes are
satisfactorily sanitized and free of debris.
- Prep cook duties to include chop, slice and dicing foods to
prepare for open hours, preparing dough and baked goods as well as
preparing event food for the day's events.
- Line cooks will actively cook over hot surfaces in the kitchen
during open hours. During a line cook shift the employee will cook
to order in a timely and safe manner that is consistent with
- Expo line ensures our food quality and presentation is at
standards prior to the guest consumption. Expo will coordinate with
the line if poor food quality should be remade prior to the guest
seeing it and always ensure 100% safe, quality food for the guest.
Expo will add dish finishing's, dressings, and other
food/presentation accessories prior to delivery to guest.
- Required to follow recipes and process to ensure minimal food
- Required to follow all proper disposal procedures.
- Required to follow all safety procedures, knife safety
practices and PPE protections to ensure personal safety from
- Must follow all food safety standards and maintain unexpired
food handlers' card.
- Required to help maintain a clean, organized, and sanitary
environment. Will remove garbage and recycle when needed, will
participate in cleaning duties such as sweeping, wiping down
equipment, mopping and more.
- Other duties as assigned as it relates to the team
- Reliable; consistently at work and on time.EDUCATION and/or
EXPERIENCE: at least six months restaurant/kitchen experience is
required, 2 years' experience working in a kitchen is
preferred.WHAT YOU NEED TO DO THE JOB:
- Preferred knowledge of Micros, KDS and Compeat.
- Ability to follow recipes accurately
- Awareness and advocate for safety and food safety
- Active participant of an inclusive team culture
- Ability to work professionally in a team environment
- Food handler's card or SERV Safe/HACCP CertificationPHYSICAL
- Stand/Walk: Frequently
- Lift up to 25lbs: Frequently
- Lift up to 50lbs: Frequently
- Lift over 50lbs: Team Lift only
- Bending, stooping: Frequently
- Reaching, Pushing, Pulling: Frequently
- Exposed to hot/humid environment: Constantly
- Will work with flames and extreme heats
- Will occasionally work for short periods of time in a freezer
Keywords: Big Al's Meridian, Meridian , Line Cook/Prep/Dish, Hospitality & Tourism , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!