Vice President, Multifamily Development
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Touchmark Development & Construction directs the creation of all
Touchmark communities in order to maintain our award-winning
standards of excellence across all locations, projects, and
partnerships. It is with good reason that the Touchmark name has
become synonymous with excellence, desirability, and value. We have
worked hard to achieve and maintain an exceptional track record for
building impeccable communities and partnerships, and we are proud
of the sterling reputation we have earned within the senior housing
industry. Touchmark is unique in that we build, own, and operate
our retirement communities, allowing us to design and continue
utilizing them to deliver on our mission and achieve our goals for
As the Vice President, Multifamily Development, this leader will
grow and manage all facets of Touchmark's multifamily ventures.
Successful performance will require the ability to provide vision
and structure to a new business unit, provide leadership in a team
environment, utilize excellent communication and analytical skills,
and to think and act proactively. A strong work ethic,
interpersonal skills and entrepreneurial attitude is essential to
the success of this role.
- Take the lead in developing growth strategies for
- Along with Touchmark leadership, plan, implement and monitor
overall project goals as they relate to vision, program, budget,
schedule and quality and provide regular updates and metrics
benchmarking these goals and proactively report on potential issues
that may affect successful completion of the project.
- Seamlessly transition project from development, through
operations start-up, and into stabilization.Team:
- Direct the internal project team and outside professionals in
creating an effective strategy for the success of all projects and
implement that strategy.
- Directly foster and manage relationships with governing
agencies. Work with consultants and contractors to maintain
relationships while minimizing cost impacts due to governmental
requirements. Seek ways to work cooperatively to minimize such
costs as offsite infrastructure improvements and SDC's.
- Manage the selection process and administer property management
team, through start up to stabilization. Ensure smooth transition
from construction to operations.Proforma and Budgeting:
- Identify market-specific economic and demographic data, rental
comparable information, construction cost estimates, local permit
and fee costs and local supply and demand statistics.
- Develop budgets of project costs as required for feasibility
studies, financing, and project management purposes. These budgets
are expected to be realistic evaluations of project costs that
provide effective management tools for making investment and
financing decisions relative to the project.
- Update the budget and project cost forecasts regularly to
reflect changing project parameters. Identify cost overrun
potentials and scope creep, and manage value engineering processes
as necessary to keep project estimates within budget.Schedule:
- Develop and maintain master project schedules that reflect the
entire development process and manage the project team to ensure
that scheduled tasks are completed in accordance with the project
- Establish with the contractor a construction schedule that
incorporates required activities of all members of the project
team, including marketing and operations.Operations:
- Lead sales and marketing operations with local experts.
- Develop property management strategy from "included in rent"
offerings to resident portals.
- Oversee property management team and ensure they are delivering
maximum value to Touchmark and residents.
- Lead yearly budgeting and forecasting analytics for
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Construction Management,
Engineering or Architecture. Finance or Business degrees will be
considered if accompanied by additional experience in real
- 10+ years job experience in project development including
entitlement, financial modeling and management of design and
- Significant experience developing ground-up large scale,
multi-family projects is a requirement.
- Exposure to multi-family operations is a requirement.
- Experience in maintaining compliance with jurisdictional laws
to construction and licensing.
- Strong analytical skills including project financial
projections, creating support for financial feasibility studies and
- Ability to travel on multi-day trips as job needs
Touchmark is dedicated to providing the best for our residents, and
it all begins with providing the best for our employees. That's why
we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to our
team members who work 30+ hours per week which includes:
- Paid time off (including holidays)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans for employees and
- Education assistance
- Bonus and retirement plans
- Health care, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending
- On-Demand Pay allows you to access pay as you earn it
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental insurance optionsAt Touchmark, we have the
privilege of providing a safe home environment for residents. With
this in mind, we require all employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19. A copy of the vaccination policy will be provided upon
We are looking to hire individuals whose values align with ours and
who believe in doing everything they can to lead by example in
safety, compassion, and empathy. If that sounds like you, we
encourage you to apply.
Check us out at www.Touchmark.com.
We're growing. Are you?
Keywords: Touchmark, Meridian , Vice President, Multifamily Development, Executive , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!