Field Services Administrative Assistant in Meridian, Idaho - Careers at TDS Corporate
Company: TDS Telecom
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The Field Services Assistant will be responsible for the
coordination of the Field Services support functions. This involves
working closely with Field Services Managers to ensure all
administrative activity is current and accurate, develop and
maintain field equipment inventory and databases, coordinate all
orders, maintain purchase orders and distribute equipment tracking
reports, perform Plant Record and Trouble/Repair/Dispatch systems
tasks, provide support to Field Services teams, and also support
project management duties and distribute status of projects to team
on a regular basis.
- Performs Inventory and Supplies duties such as repair and
returns, orders and processes orders for regulated and deregulated
items, tracks regulated and deregulated inventory, maintains
appropriate inventory levels utilizing the mailbox and web tools
(e.g., Inventory Use and Transfer Application, etc.), Plant Record
Systems, SAP and other TDS applications as appropriate.
- Inventory responsibilities include: warehouse, vehicles, in
process orders, repair and delinquent shipments which includes the
physical loading and unloading of all shipments. Establishes and
maintains a tracking database, tracks delinquent shipments, tracks
TDS projects, and maintains an accurate log of all purchase orders
specific to Field Services. This includes working directly with
Finance to maintain accurate and appropriate inventory levels.
- Performs Plant Record Systems tasks such as distributes field
tasks to appropriate collocates and co-folders, prepares initial
Site Survey checklists and sends to dispatch folder.
- Follows up on installs and retrievals from assigned field
- Monitors FSA (Field Service Assistant) order queue and creates
- Follows up on reports from SAP for open and closed
- Performs Trouble/Repair/Dispatch Systems tasks which includes
act as Queue Administrator, runs weekly/monthly performance
reports, sets tickets in progress, provides trouble/repair/dispatch
ticket and service order information to Field Service Technicians
(FST's) and assigns duties to workforce based on manpower and
- Provides a single point of contact for Vendors, Procurement,
and Finance groups and orders equipment using SAP and other
- Supports Field Services teams with miscellaneous duties such as
scheduling meetings for team and with vendors, sending all approved
invoices to Accounts Payable, scheduling of technicians for
coverage areas and cuts, maintenance of dispatch folder, assigning
and maintaining logs for test equipment and tools, ordering and
canceling access keys, returning equipment, maintaining repair and
vehicle logs, updating contact list and all other associate
- Additional duties include documenting and tracking all manual
bills in assigned territory as well as maintaining records/tracking
system including purchase orders, inventory control, vehicle
tracking, maintaining office supplies and shipping out items to be
repaired, maintaining vacation schedule and FST calendar in
- Provide support on specific projects for Field Services
management which includes copying, filing, and distributing
- Handles requests and resolves problems from internal/external
sources in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for Site Safety Coordinator duties which includes
maintaining records, leading meetings, obtaining required equipment
and to work with the Local Manager as a liaison with Local, State,
and Federal agencies.
- 2+ years' administrative support with internal and external
customer experience -OR- current or prior military service with
- Must possess, or have the ability to gain a Forklift
Certification upon hire.
- Associate Degree or higher a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and take on
increasing responsibilities as they evolve over time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products; preferably to
include Access Database
- Understanding of telecommunications industry.
- Understanding of telecommunication products and services.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (e.g., verbal,
- Problem solving skills (e.g., customer complaints,
- Multi-task management skills.
- Time management skills.
Keywords: TDS Telecom, Meridian , Field Services Administrative Assistant in Meridian, Idaho - Careers at TDS Corporate, Administration, Clerical , Meridian, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!